Due Attention Should Be Given To Spelling
Correct spelling is a basic skill in English study. However, nowadays many students do not pay much attention to it.
They have their own reasons for misspelling. First of all, they like an easy way of studying, which causes some omissions and changes in spelling. Second, the teachers might not be very strict in students’ spelling. In China, teachers seem to be more concerned with grammar and vocabulary but not spelling.
To change this situation, in my opinion, the teachers and the students should work together. On one hand, the teachers should give more attention to students’ spelling, asking the students to be conscious of the importance of correct spelling from the very beginning of their English study. On the other hand, the students themselves are supposed to be aware that correct spelling is a must in English study.
To sum up, correct spelling is so important that both students and the teachers should spare no efforts to achieve correct spelling.
1. A) her daughters’ repeated complains
2. D) People haven’t yet reached agreement on its definition
3. C) can realize what is important in life
4. A) it seriously affected family relationships
5. C) depressed
6. B) His family had intervened
7. B) curb his desire for online gaming
8. had an Internet addiction
9. professional help
10. online dating
11. C) He cannot get access to the assigned book.
12. A) She will drive the man to the supermarket.
13. C) Tidy up the place.
14. A) The talks can be held any day except this Friday.
15. A) He understands the woman’s feelings.
16. D) She has to invite David to the party.
17. C) Many students find Prof. Johnson’s lectures boring.
18. D) Assemble a computer.
19. B) It requires him to work long hours.
20. D) It demands physical endurance and patience.
21. D) In a hotel.
22. B) Paying attention to every detail.
23. A) The pocket money British children get.
24. C) It often rises higher than inflation.
25. B) Pay for small personal things.
26. A) District managers
27. D) The important part played by district managers
28. B) Fifty percent of them were female
29. B) He was not gender sensitive
30. C) Ask to see the manager politely but firmly
31. D) You can’t tell how the person on the line is reacting
32. D) Stick to the point
33. B) Architect
34. A) Do some volunteer work.
35. C) A baby-sitter is no replacement for a mother.
44. he has found out how it works and learnt to use it appropriately
45. by trying it out and seeing whether it works, by gradually changing it and refining it
46. including many of the concepts that the schools think only they can teach him