Due Attention Should Be Given To the Study of Chinese
With China’s opening up, interculturalcommunication has become more and more frequent between Chinese and foreigners. A good command of at least one foreign language has increasingly been an essential skill for us. People, especially the youths, pay much more attention to foreign language acquisitionthan Chinese study.
Various factors can account forthis situation. First of all, a good command of a foreign language may help young people to get a good job while Chinese skills may be of no significancein one’s job hunting and even their career. Consequently, some students may not treasure Chinese language any longer. Apart from that, nowadays fewer and fewer universities stimulate Chinese language study in campus, which has caused it to be marginalized. Under this circumstance, Chinese language becomes less and less popular in universities. It is clear that professors in the field of Chinese study are not so respected than they were before.
In view of this situation, effective measures should be taken to change it. First, the whole society should emphasizethe importance of Chinese language in order to make it clear that it is one indispensablepart of Chinese culture and Chinese race. Second, schools should promote Chinese language study and research. In addition, we individuals should contribute our own efforts to the study and protectionof Chinese language.
To conclude, we should pay great attention to Chinese language, since the importance of it is never too great to be exaggerated.
1. D Relieved
2. B she could go as far as she wanted in life
3. B The power of role models
4. D Obama’s success impacted blacks’ performance in language tests
5. A The change in bias against black is slow in coming
6. C people are now less ready to supportpolicies addressing racial inequality
7. C racial inequality still persists in American society
8. our views of women
9. political sentiment
11. A) The man failed to keep his promise.
12. C) The woman should spend more time outdoors.
13. D) It is not a good idea to buy the T-shirt.
14. B) Most readers do not share his viewpoints.
15. A) Leave Daisy alone for the time being.
16. A) Batteries.
17. D) The man can get the ticket at its original price.
18. A) The speakers will dress formally for the concert.
19. D) He is undecided as to which job to go for.
20. C) They are all adults.
21. B) Varied and interesting.
22. C) Hosting a television show.
23. A) He lost his mother.
24. B) He got seriously into acting.
25. B) He has long been a legendary figure.
26 C) It crashed when it was circling to land.
27 A) He was kidnapped eight months ago.
28 A) The management and union representatives reached an agreement.
29 B) rainy
30 C) Very few of them knew much about geology.
31 B) By noting where the most severe earthquake in U.S. history occurred.
32 C) Stop him when he had difficulty understanding.
33 D) It is a tool of communication among speakers of different languages.
34 D) It has supporters from many countries in the world.
35 D) It has had greater impact than in any other country.